I don’t know how many times I’ve mentioned journaling when it comes to overcoming stress, anxiety, or anything related to dream-chasing and personal development.
Especially as things are as they are now.
We’re all going through tough and turbulent times.
For some, it’s harder than others.
I know I’ve turned to journaling whenever things get hard or the road gets bumpy.
It really helps me manage my limiting thoughts and to see the light where there was complete darkness just a few minutes ago.
If you’re brand new to journaling and don’t know where to start, I’ve created the ultimate guide to journaling – just for you.
You can read it here.
Below is a collection of my absolute favorite journaling prompts to help calm stress and anxiety.
I hope these prompts will help you the way they’ve helped me.
- How To Start A Journal
- 58 Supportive Journaling Prompts For Self Discovery
- Mindset Hacks That Will Change Your Life
34 Journaling Prompts For Stress Relief:
1. I feel challenged by ___________ but supported by ____________
2. I am thankful that ___________
3. How can this obstacle exist FOR me?
4. How do I want to feel today and what thoughts do I need to think to spark that emotion?
5. How can I make today better than yesterday?
6. What’s not wrong in my life right now? List at least 3 things.
7. How can I nourish myself today and practice self-care? List at least 3 activities.
8. What is causing my anxiety right now? What is the worst possible outcome and what is the best?
9. How are my thoughts supporting the results I dream of? If they don’t, change your thinking.
10. Write about a perfect day in your life. Visualize and write it out in as much detail as possible.
11. How can I make a positive difference in someone’s life today?
12. My word for today is _________ (make it positive of course!)
13. List 2 amazing things that happened yesterday
14. Write your to-dos for today and list them in order of importance
15. Describe and visualize the place where you feel the most at peace. Then, go to this place in your mind and take 5 deep breaths.
Busy bee? Pin this article for later.
16. What is one thing I can improve on and how can I go about this? Start small.
17. How can set my mornings up to support me? What is one minor change I can make to start my day the right way?
18. What can I let go of (grudges etc)?
19. What are two upcoming activities I can say no to and feel good about it?
20. Make a list of 10 things that put a smile on my face
21. What is a new skill I can learn and how can I get started?
22. Write about my dream life. What is the ultimate dream, the end-goal?
23. How can I take one step forward towards my dream life today? Even for just 10 minutes.
24. How can I become more mindful and intentional about how I live my life?
25. What is one problem I have having and how can I best solve it?
26. How can I take time to relax today?
27. Write a letter to my future self.
28. Are my worries realistic and/or necessary?
29. My biggest fear is _________________ and why?
30. When was the last time I laughed so hard I cried? Describe this moment.
31. What is holding me back today and why?
32. How can I take action on my dreams and stop saying “I don’t know”?
33. How is my body feeling right now? Tense? Stressed?
34. How can I make this day the best day yet?
Before You Go
I cannot think of a better time to start journaling than now.
Let me know if you’ve hopped on the journaling train and which one of these prompts for stress and anxiety was your favorite – in the comments below. ✨